Welcome to Crocker Pages! Join us as we venture through life's journey. Here you will find our descriptions of and reactions to the assignments of life -- from the mundane to the significant.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

We Love our Church Family

We love Cheyenne Berean! We are so thankful for the abundance of support! People from our church family clean the house, prepare meals, carry extra ministry loads, call, write, etc and they pray. Here is one such recent ePrayer! What away to start a Lord's Day!

“I know that with his help you will be up to the work and exertion of healing.

I've prayed for endurance, determination and strength to match the demands that winning this battle places upon you and Richard and the rest of us that care for you. My thoughts are on a woman that grabbed his hem so fiercely that the grace received was a real show stopper. She must have been determined! What do you think went through his mind when he turned to find her? No matter our view of the encounter, we can appreciate how much she wanted to be well.

There are grandchildren present and am sure that there are grandchildren yet to come that will be blessed by your willingness to keep reaching for the days ahead during these days present when effort is so total and you've spent so much to be well for them.

Thank God that there are treatments he has enabled to help you and protect your future. With each treatment I remind myself that you are that much closer to completing the course of healing by meeting the demands of a tough, but defeatable opponent. It makes your suffering easier to accept, knowing what you are leaving behind. The days yet to come, distilled through this process must surely be more precious, more sweet, more fully lived.

Know that you are loved and valued. We are fighting with you. There are so many of us, someone is always fighting with you. You are never far out of thought, out of our hearts, out of our prayers.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toni: You have been in my thoughts and prayers since I first heard that you would have to journey down this road. First off, congrats to you for looking so good in the pictures I've seen and for having so much courage. While life at times simply doesn't make sense, and I often want to question the wisdom of God, I've been told and found it to be true that it is for His glory that we face trials in life. I can't think of anything profound to say to be a part of cheering you on, but I will try my best by telling you to be "strong and courageous", I am confident everything you experience today will be used for His purposes in the future. Love you, your family, and my former church family, tell them all "hello" for me if you don't mind. Take care.

Matt Wessel

wyo4fun said...

Toni: I think of you daily and pray for you daily and the journey that you are undergoing under God's close watch. As I thought about you today I also thought about how my grandmother (who just passed on 3/28) gave to me this Poem for my own encouragement with my own journey:

"Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson

This Poem is a great reminder for me and gets me back on track when I am feeling at my worst and at times when I think that I couldn't go on another day, and I wanted to share it with you as it had been shared with me.

You a strong and amazing woman, friend, mother, wife, grandma, etc to so many.

You have many who love and care about you and although the Lord is carrying you through this journey, know that there are so many others who are also willing to carry you as well as our Lord.

And to Pastor Crocker: You are amazing in all that you do and have done. It is so heartfilling to see the love you share while walking this journey with Toni. You are one of the very reasons that she stays as strong and amazing as she does. But Please remember to not forget yourself either, and know how many people love you and are ther for you too.

My Prayers are with you both, and that everyday of this journey gets a little easier, and a little closer to an end, and a little closer to a brighter future.

God Bless You Both and Your Family!

Leslie Shelton