Welcome to Crocker Pages! Join us as we venture through life's journey. Here you will find our descriptions of and reactions to the assignments of life -- from the mundane to the significant.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

God Knows the Way!

I am looking forward to being home on Friday. During the trip I have been listening to poems by Amy Carmichael (1867-1951) who served in India for fifty-five years. (Toni got them for our sabbatical.)

"Thou dost Know the Way" is one of the poems that has caught my spiritual imagination: "My Father, to my heart I take, Thy simple word of truth today; I shall not lose me in the break, for Thou dost know the way... Around me various voices call, but thou wilt never let me stray; for Thou, my Father, knowest all the windings of the way." The poem concludes … "I am contented not to know, since Thou dost know the way."

Her poem "By Thy Cross and Passion" goes to the heart of ministy. "O God of burning altar fire, O God of love´s consuming flame, make pure the flame of our desire, to win the lost, to seek Thy name... Now by Thy cross and passion, Lord, Grant us this plea, this sovereign plea, save us from choosing peace for sword, and give us souls to give to Thee!"

No comments: